The College Library is a prime source for legal research for both the faculty as well as the students.The library with adequate reading room facility offers fully integrated, dynamic environment for conducting legal and law related research. The library is housed in the 2nd floor of the College's RCC building.
The B.R.M. Govt. Law College Library is a well organized library having best available tools and housed with text books, reference books, journals, news papers, magazines and some non-book materials (CD,DVD etc.) etc.
The automation work of the library is in progress. A computerised database of all the library books and other documents is being maintained using SOUL2.0 LMS software of INFLIBNET, an IUC of UGC, India. The following Law Journals are available :
Crime in India, Criminal Law Journal, Federal Law Journal, Harvard Law Journal, Halsbury's Laws of England, Indian Journal of Criminology, Journal of Bar Council of India, Journal of Indian Law Institute, Supreme Court Journal, Indian Bar Review, Corpus Juris Secundam, North-East Judgement, Company Cases, Corporate Law Advisor, Local acts and Central acts.
Library Hours :
| Sl No.
||No. of Collections
||Non-Book Materials ( CD,DVD etc. )
Library Rules :
| Monday to Saturday :-
||10.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M
| Book issue Hours :-
||From Monday to Saturday circulation desk will be kept open from 10.30 A.M to 4.00 P.M. for the Students.
Library Development Committee:-
- All kinds of personal belongings except notebooks, moneybags and mobile phones are to be deposited by the reader at the property counter of the Library.
- Silence is must inside the Library.
- Mobile phone in vibration mode only is permissible.
- One shall not smoke or spit in and around the Library.
- While browsing books, no book should be replaced by the user himself/herself on the stack.
- Books once picked out from the stack should be left in the reading table if not issued out.
- The physical condition of the book should be checked while checking out. Multilation of pages if found is to be brought to the notice of the circulation desk. Otherwise, the borrower concerned shall be held responsible for multilation of the book if detected afterwards.
- Underlining, marking, highlighting, folding of pages etc in the books are strictly prohibited.
- Upon any infringement of the Library rules, members may be liable to the extent of forfeiture of admission and membership of the Library.
- The librarian reserves the right to suspend membership of any delinquent member found misbehaving or abusing the Library staff.
- Any members found tearing pages from books or otherwise mutilating or stealing books will be suspended forthwith from using Library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against him/her by the College authority.
||Dr. Bhupesh Malla Buzarbaruah, Principal
||Mr. Amarjyoti Sarma,Asst. Prof.
- Mr. Rupam Deka, Asstt. Librarian
- Dr. L. Dhanamanjuri Devi,Asst. Prof.
- Mr. Lohit Sardar ,Asst. Prof.